Beef Pot Roast
- 2 pounds thick boneless chuck steak
- 4 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha if you want a little heat
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce if needed
- 2 potatoes large diced
- Clean and spread oil on both sides of meat, then season with salt, pepper, and steak seasoning.
- In a cast iron pot/slow cooker or baking dish, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Once heated, add meat to the pot. Brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and setaside.
- Add additional oil and butter, sauté onions, celery and carrots until onions are translucent.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, sriracha, garlic and onion powder to the pot. Stir to combine all ingredients. (If the sauce is too red in color, add browning sauce.)
- Add browned meat into the pot with the broth mixture. Cover and reduce flame to low.
- After one hour, add potatoes to the pot into the sauce.
- Cover and continue to cook for the remaining two hours, checking periodically on sauce level.
- Spoon onto mashed potatoes or rice.
Please follow and like us: