- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon for dusting cutting board
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter cold
- In a large cup, add milk and lemon juice, stir together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients, 2 cups flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut butter into smaller pieces and add to dry ingredients.
- Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture.
- Whisk together and form a well in the middle.
- Add milk mixture to the well. Using a wooden spoon, stir all ingredients together until it forms one large piece of dough.
- On a large cutting board, add 1 teaspoon of flour to dust over the cutting board.
- Place dough onto a cutting board and slightly flatten and spread until 1 inch thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a lined baking sheet. For the last biscuit, it might be slightly bigger than the rest. Do not manipulate too much when shaping.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Please follow and like us: