- 1/2 gallon peanut oil
- 1 whole chicken cut up
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder divided
- 3 tablespoons onion powder divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika divided
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup corn starch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- Using a deep fryer, add oil. Adjust heat to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken parts in a large bowl. Add part of the seasonings, garlic and onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Using your hands, spread the seasonings over all parts of the chicken.
- In a medium sized bowl, add flour and cornstarch, garlic and onion powder and paprika. Using a whisk, whisk together until incorporated.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, add milk, lemon juice and hot sauce.
- Using tongs, dip each chicken part into milk mixture, then into flour and seasoning mixture.
- Fry until golden. Using tongs, place on a cooling rack with pan underneath and loosely cover with foil.
- Continue with step five until all chicken parts are fried.
Please follow and like us: