Easter Colored Deviled Egg Bites
- 6 large eggs boiled, shell removed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar for each bowl of coloring
- boiling water
- food coloring assorted, yellow, orange, green
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- paprika for garnish
- bacon bits for garnish
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half, removing yolk and placing in a separate small bowl.
- Prepare one bowl for each color. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to each bowl.
- Add hot water to the bowl, (enough to cover the egg).
- Add one – two drops of food coloring to the bowl (until desired color is reached).
- Submerge an egg(s) into a bowl with the colored water, do not overcrowd.
- Remove egg (after a few seconds) with a slotted spoon and place on egg plate or any platter. If aiming for a lighter color, check the color after a few seconds.
- Using a fork, mash the yolk until it resembles crumbs.
- Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until creamy.
- Place in a piping bag and pipe onto the center of the egg.
- Garnish with paprika and bacon bits.
Please follow and like us: