- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 small onion small diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper I like to do a combination of cuts with the peppers, julienned, small and medium diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 celery stalk small diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 twigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons chicken flavored bouillon
- 1 boneless chicken breast cleaned, split, medium diced cuts
- 1 package andouille chicken sausage
- 1 1/2 cups langoustine lobster or shrimp
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans or okra
- In a 5 quart dutch oven pot, brown sausages. Set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter and add flour. (roux)
- Stir roux with a wooden spoon until brown in color.
- Add onions, garlic, peppers, celery. Stir until vegetables are soft and onions become translucent.
- Add water, basil, cayenne, thyme, bay leaves, bouillon.
- Once boiling, reduce flame to a simmer, add chicken and sausage.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Add lobster or shrimp and green beans or okra, whichever one you prefer.
- Cook for an additional twenty minutes.
- Using a large spoon, spoon gumbo on a bed of rice and serve.
Please follow and like us: