Manhattan Clam Chowder
- 2 tablespoons olive oi
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 tablespoon green pepper minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup potatoes cubed
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 13 ounces canned clams minced and drained
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, on low-med heat, add oil.
- Add onions, celery, green pepper, and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Then add water and potatoes, boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, tomatoes, clams, thyme, and the bay leaf. Stir ingredients together.
- Simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Please follow and like us: