Ready in: 60 minutes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup onions (chopped)
1 celery stalk (chopped)
1 tablespoon green pepper (minced)
1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup potatoes (cubed)
1 – 28oz. can diced tomatoes
2 – 6 1/2 oz cans clams (minced and drained)
2 sprigs of thyme
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, on low-med heat, add oil.
- Add onions, celery, green pepper, and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Then add water and potatoes, boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, tomatoes, clams, thyme, and the bay leaf. Stir ingredients together.
- Simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Salt and pepper to taste.