- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onion small diced
- 1 carrot small diced
- 1 celery stalk small diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 30 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red kidney beans
- 1 cup zucchini medium diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 cups Ditalini Rigato pasta
- parmesan cheese as desired
- In a large stockpot, on low-med heat, add oil.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery (mirepoix), sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, stir for a few seconds, then add diced tomatoes and juices, chicken, and vegetable broth. Stir together ingredients.
- Add kidney beans, zucchini, tomato paste, oregano, and basil. Stir together. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Last 15 minutes, add pasta.
- Let simmer for additional 20 – 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese. (optional)
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Please follow and like us: