- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar divided in half
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg whisked
- cooking oil spray
- 2 quarts canola oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- In a stand mixer, combine milk, 2 Tbsp. sugar, and yeast. Let it sit.
- While waiting for the yeast to activate, in a medium sized bowl combine flour, salt and remaining 2 tbsp. sugar. Set aside.
- In a microwave dish, melt butter. Let it cool slightly.
- Using the dough hook on the mixer, add whisked egg and butter to the milk mixture.
- Add flour ingredients to the mixer with milk and egg mixture.
- Let the mixer knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Remove dough and spray the mixer bowl with cooking oil. Place dough back into the mixer bowl and cover with plastic wrap for one hour.
- On a lightly floured cutting board, roll dough into a wide rectangular shape, ½ inch thick. (If you want airy beignets, roll thin. If not, roll slightly thicker.)
- Using a bench scraper, cut dough into small squares.
- On medium heat, add oil to the pot and deep fry the beignets until golden.
- Place on a baking sheet pan.
- Sift powdered sugar over beignets.
Please follow and like us: