Seven Layer Strawberry Crepes
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries hulled, quartered, divided
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese softenend
- cooking spray
- In a small sauce pot, add water and sugar, mixing until sugar is dissolved.
- Add 1 1/2 cups strawberries to the pot and continue to stir for 3 - 5 minutes untilcaramelized. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, and salt.
- Create a well with the flour mixture, add butter, milk, eggs, water and vanilla to themiddle of the well. Mix until combined.
- On medium heat, lightly spray the griddle with cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup of the batter in a circular motion to make crepes. One minute or less on each side until edges solidify. Continue with this process until all the batter is finished.
- Spread cream cheese on the top of each crepe. Place one crepe on top of the other,until you have six layers, cream cheese side up. Add one plain crepe on top of the lastlayer, there should be seven layers. (add more layers if desired)
- In a food processor, add 3/4 cups of the caramelized strawberries and pulse two to three times until strawberries are pureed.
- Add 1/4 cup caramelized quartered strawberries on top of crepes.
- Drizzle pureed caramelized strawberries over crepes.
If pureed caramelized strawberries are too thin, add more strawberries to the food processor stage.
Please follow and like us: