Strawberry and Lemon Sorbet
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups fresh strawberries stems removed, cut in half
- 1 3/4 cups lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- In a small sauce pot, make simple syrup by boiling water and sugar.
- Once boiled and sugar has dissolved, remove from heat to cool.
- In a food processor, add strawberries, lemon juice and zest.
- Pulse until strawberries are pureed.
- Press pureed strawberries through a fine mesh strainer.
- In a pitcher, add strawberries, corn syrup and simple syrup.
- Cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into an automatic frozen dessert maker to thicken for 30 minutes.
- Place in an airtight container.
- Place in the freezer until firm.
Please follow and like us: