Veggie Egg Rolls
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper julienned
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons water to seal wrappers
- 1 quart canola oil for frying
- In a large skillet, add canola oil until well heated.
- On medium heat, stir in garlic, cabbage, carrots, and peppers.
- In a small bowl, add remaining liquid ingredients, broth, sesame oil and soy sauce and mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to the skillet with the vegetables. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and strain liquid.
- Prepare egg roll wrappers into a diamond shape and fill with strained vegetables and roll into egg roll shape.
- Wet egg roll wrappers with water to seal the edges. Pat with a paper towel to remove excess water from the wrapper.
- Pan or deep fry until golden on all sides.
You can add shrimp, chicken, pork or beef to this recipe!
Please follow and like us: